I’d like to thank all of you who took the time to vote in this primary. Over 2,000 of you cast your vote for me and I am gratified that you felt I knew the issues well enough to earn your trust. I especially want to give a shout-out to my friend, Chet Curtis, who did sign management for me on Arrowcreek Parkway.The opposition vote against Bob Lucey was a significant 43%, and without a split ticket, it might have been a much different race.
My website, kelbuchanan.com, will continue to exist, but in a different format. It will be Washoe County issue oriented and I would encourage you to offer comments on my thoughts and opinions.
Kel Buchanan has been a resident of Washoe County for more than 40 years. He is currently president of HB Engineering Group, Inc., and has also served as a federal bankruptcy trustee. Kel has a Bachelor’s Degree in Geology from the University of British Columbia, and a Master’s of Business Administration from Pepperdine University. Kel lives with his wife Holly and their two cats in Southwest Suburban Reno.
Awards and Recognitions
- YMCA of the Sierra Board of Directors
- Lieutenant Governor’s Distinguished Service Award
- Animal Ark, Inc. Board of Directors
- Geological Society of Nevada Foundation Board of Directors
- American Institute of Professional Geologists Board of Directors
for Washoe County
- Fiscal responsibility from Washoe County
- Fix and improve transportation infrastructure
- Improve local government efficiency
- Open and frequent constituent communication
- Build Concensus for sensible growth